Digital Health ID: The Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission, also known as the National Digital Health Mission (NDHM), is a transformative initiative by the Government of India to create a comprehensive digital health ecosystem. It aims to revolutionize healthcare in the country by providing every Indian citizen with a unique Health ID, granting them seamless access to their medical records and empowering them to take control of their health.
What is the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (NDHM)?
The Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission, launched as part of the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY), seeks to transform India’s healthcare system through digitalization. It aims to create a secure and interoperable digital platform that connects various stakeholders, including citizens, healthcare providers, insurance agencies, and the government, to ensure efficient and transparent healthcare delivery.
Features and Objectives of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission:
- Health ID: The core of the NDHM is the Health ID, a unique identifier assigned to each individual. This ID will consolidate a person’s complete health information, including medical history, prescriptions, lab reports, and other relevant data.
- Personal Health Records (PHR): With the Health ID, individuals can create and access their Personal Health Records (PHR) online. PHR allows users to store, manage, and share their health information securely with authorized healthcare providers.
- Healthcare Facilities Registry: The NDHM includes a comprehensive registry of healthcare facilities, making it easier for citizens to locate nearby healthcare centers, hospitals, and clinics.
- Doctor Registry: A registry of healthcare providers ensures that citizens can find and connect with registered doctors and specialists easily.
- Interoperability: One of the key aspects of NDHM is ensuring interoperability, enabling the seamless exchange of health information across different healthcare systems and providers.
- Telemedicine and E-pharmacies: The mission facilitates telemedicine consultations and e-pharmacies, making healthcare services more accessible, especially in remote areas.
- Consent Mechanism: The NDHM emphasizes the importance of patient consent. Individuals have full control over who can access their health information, and they can grant or revoke consent as needed.
How to Register for Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (NDHM):
To register for the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission and obtain a Health ID, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Access the NDHM registration portal at https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in.
- Create an Account: Sign up using your mobile number and provide the necessary details to create your account.
- Verify Identity: Complete the identity verification process, which may involve linking your Aadhaar number or other official identification documents.
- Generate Health ID: Upon successful verification, the system will generate your unique Health ID.
- Access Personal Health Records: Once registered, you can access your Personal Health Records and manage your health information using your Health ID.
The Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission has the potential to transform healthcare access and delivery in India by leveraging technology and digitizing health records. By enabling citizens to have easy access to their health information, the mission aims to empower individuals to make informed healthcare decisions and ultimately improve health outcomes across the nation.
Best amazon Deals in all countries: https://amzn.to/3pVnzA8
Best amazon Deals in INDIA: https://amzn.to/43yHpyL